News

Megan Thee Stallion Accuses J. Prince Of Intimidation Tactics In Label Dispute

By HHL JT
pixel_start

Megan Thee Stallion has filed a million-dollar lawsuit against her label 1501 and has already been granted a temporary injection which will allow her to release music.  Megan claims the label wouldn't allow her to drop new songs after she attempted to renegotiate her contract.

1501 is baseball player turned music exec Carl Crawford's label and Crawford's big homie in Houston is J. Prince.

Although Prince isn't a defendant in the suit, she accuses Crawford of using Prince's name to intimidate people and accuses Prince of being behind an online smear campaign which included the outing of her five-year-old mugshot.

As for the deal ...

Meg got 10K when she signed with 1501 in 2015 when she was 20.

1501 gets 60% of her recording income. The remaining 40% goes to her, but she has to use that to pay producers, engineers, mixers and featured artists who work on the songs, which leaves her with almost no money.

1501 also gets the majority of her touring money.

According to Meg, her new management team at Roc Nation encouraged her to renegotiate the deal and to demand a proper accounting of the current deal.  When that didn't happen, she sued.

pixel_end

Discuss

News Doja Cat Twerks On Stage But her Cheeks aren't Moving Right Doja Cat Twerks On Stage But her Cheeks aren't Moving Right / News News New LL Cool J X Eminem Track 'Murdergram' Leaks New LL Cool J X Eminem Track 'Murdergram' Leaks / News News Check Out The Chris Brown Meet-And-Greet Photo That Broke Up Couple Check Out The Chris Brown Meet-And-Greet Photo That Broke Up Couple / News News Boosie Badazz Responds To Lil Uzi Vert In A Dress Boosie Badazz Responds To Lil Uzi Vert In A Dress / News News Pusha T Shares His Feelings About Kendrick Lamar Mentioning Him In 'Euphoria' Pusha T Shares His Feelings About Kendrick Lamar Mentioning Him In 'Euphoria' / News News Camille Winbush From The Bernie Mac Show Explains Why she's Doing OnlyFans Now Camille Winbush From The Bernie Mac Show Explains Why she's Doing OnlyFans Now / News