Legal

Silento Can't Leave United Arab Emirates Because He Ditched Shows

By HHL Editors

Remember Silentó, the teenager behind the 2015 viral sensation 'Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)?'

The folks in the United Arab Emirates do, because a promoter from the Gulf State allegedly booked the 19-year old to  do mid-February shows in Al Ain and Abu Dhabi.

Although Silentó flew to the UAE and has performed some shows there, the promoter says he didn’t show up to his two gigs, and has sued the rapper for 85K for his appearance fee plus travel expenses.

As a result of the suit, a travel ban has been placed on Silentó and he can't leave the country.

"Silento did not cancel any shows at all," his lawyer Jenna Kadhum said. "The rapper only learned of the travel ban against him on Wednesday, she added.
A Go Fund Me page has been set up to raise the funds to free Silentó and bring him home. But so far no one has donated.

go-fund-me

The U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi has declined to comment on the story.

Posted In: Legal

Discuss