Chicago rapper Lil Jay has been locked up since 2015 for the murder of 25-year old Filmon Rezene
His trial had been delayed multiple times, each with rumors he had taken a deal. Jay has long pushed back on that, claiming he was the victim -- not the perpetrator -- of snitching.
He reiterated that he'd been ratted on in a new call from prison that contained a much bigger piece of news: Jay says he's beaten both a murder and an attempted murder charge and will be released next year.
Chicago’s #LilJay speaks from Prison, says he beat the attempted murder charge & murder charge he was faced with & and will be released at the end of next year 📞 pic.twitter.com/xVeCwRWTTl— Who’s Making Noise⁉️ (@RapCatchUp) July 31, 2019
Here's some background on the case: