Quincy Jones just did a crazy interview with Vulture.
Among the 84-year old's claims:
* He dated Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka.
* Chicago gangster Sam Giancana killed JFK.
* Marlon Brando had sex with Richard Pryor and Marvin Gaye. (Pryor's ex-wife has since confirmed the Pryor part.)
* Michael Jackson was a musical thief.
* The Beatles were "the worst musicians in the world."
* Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen is Jimi Hendrix's guitar equal.
He also said some not nice things about T-Pain and rap in general.
As for T-Pain, Jones didn't care for his work on Jones's 2010 album Q: Soul Bossa Nostra, which was a re-interpretation of songs associated with him
"I said to them, 'Look, you got to make the music better than we did on the originals,'" Jones shared. "T-Pain, man, he didn’t pay attention to the details."
He also addressed a previous interview in which he dismissed rap as "a bunch of four-bar loops."
"That’s true about rap, that it’s the same phrase over and over and over again. The ear has to have the melody groomed for it; you have to keep the ear candy going because the mind turns off when the music doesn’t change. Music is strange that way. You’ve got to keep the ear busy."
Do you think rap is repetitive, or is Jones just listening to the wrong stuff?
You can read the whole crazy interview here.