The bad news keeps coming for Nicki Minaj.
Last night, Live Nation announced that the U.S. leg of Nicki and Future's NICKIHNDRXX TOUR, which was supposed to start next month, will be pushed back to May of 2019 and will be without the HNDRXX.
Nicki addressed the announcement on Twitter:
My darlings: 🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/nBmsE2p9SI— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) August 22, 2018
“Hey, you guys. Future and I will now start the European leg of our tour first, so those dates will stay exactly the same. And the U.S. leg of the tour will now start in May. Because of that, with Future’s schedule, I may have to take another co-headliner, or I may just do it like I did with the Pinkprint Tour, and it wouldn’t be like a co-headliner; I probably would just have like three or four opening acts. I still am going to do Australia in January, and this is all happening because I pushed my album back two months, and I just finished writing and recording literally hours before the album came out. So, now I just simply don’t have the time to rehearse and be on the road in time to give you guys the level of a show I need to give. Jamie King and I are working tirelessly to give you guys the best show of my life. I really apologize, but it’ll be worth it.”
While that's Nicki's story on why the tour was pushed back, a Live Nation insider told Page 6 a different story:
"Nicki’s tour could be the most disappointing ticket sales of the year for any artist," a Live Nation source told Page 6. "These are big arenas with up to 20,000 capacities. Sales for opening night in Baltimore is 2,000 tickets. LA is 3,400, New Orleans 1,000, Denver 1,300, Chicago 3,900. Even her hometown Brooklyn is only 5,050."
Who do you believe?
So far Future has been mum.