This summer, NBA YoungBoy's Houston home got robbed. The next day, J Prince unilaterally got on social media and told YB he had brokered the return of his stolen goods -- a set of keys.
The Baton Rouge rapper fired back by saying he doesn't need the keys and called Prince out for clout chasing because he didn't just contact him directly.
Prince addressed all of that in a new interview with Ebro.
"It Was A Disconnect... We Agreed To Disagree. It's All Good Moving Forward."— HOT 97 (@HOT97) November 19, 2020
J. Prince speaks on his public disagreement w/ NBA Young Boy & why he decided to address it publicly on Instagram.
Watch the full conversation w/ @EBROINTHEAM: https://t.co/m9b7OnUFh2 pic.twitter.com/QeLSLAlw76
“Since then, the lil homie reached out to me and we had a conversation,” Prince explained. “It was a disconnect, come to find out. You know, I had spoke to his brother and I had an understanding and he told me he didn’t have the same understanding with his brother. So we agreed to disagree. Ultimately, we agreed and it’s all good. It’s all good moving forward. I think I said it best when I made a statement, 'I don’t wanna be his friend or his enemy', so it’s all good with me as of today.”
Ebro wondered why Prince had made such a public stance when he could have just contacted YB directly.
“I want them to learn and I want them to know. Publicly on the social media thing, there’s a new method of communicating with the young. And it’s important to communicate with the young, not only for myself but for others. You know what I mean? I don’t like disconnects where beef is concerned. So when you see me speak public, normally it’s out of love. I’m trying to calm the storm before things take off in a different direction. So That was my meaning behind it. Just to let one know my position and where I stood.”