Young Thug and 14 co-defendants will face the courts starting on January 9, 2023 in a trial that could last six to nine months.
The indictment originally charged 28 defendants with RICO conspiracy charges, but eight have taken plea deals and six others will be tried separately because they still don’t have an attorney or are still on the run.
For the ones facing trial, they could have some pretty interesting witnesses called to testify.
Earlier today, Channel 2′s Michael Seiden obtained a list of 28 potential witnesses who could offer testimony during the trial.
Below is a list of some of the higher profile names.
- Michael Render, a.k.a. Atlanta rapper Killer Mike
- Kevin Liles, co-founder of Young Stoner Life records and current 300 ENT COE
- Lyor Cohen, YouTube’s Global Head of Music
- Atlanta City Councilman Antonio Lewis
- Corey Jackson, a.k.a. rapper Lil C-Note, and protégé of Young Thug
- Jerrika Karlae, Williams’ fiancé since 2015
- Jeffrey Williams, Young Thug’s father
On top of this, several professors who are experts in hip hop are also on the list of potential witnesses, as well as big Atlanta record executives and lawyers.
Who is the most surprising possible witness in your opinion?